Tag Archive for Pine Straw Installation
- The recommended mulching depth for organic mulches is 2 to 2.5 inches. At this depth, most mulches will accommodate the primary objectives of weed control, soil moisture conservation and temperature modification.
- Mulching depths less than 2 inches may not be effective in weed control; however, mulch applied 3 to 6 inches or more can lead to serious problems for landscape plants. A mulch that is too thick may severely reduce or eliminate drying and lead to water-logged soil, particularly during wet seasons.
- Excess mulch applied right against the trunk of trees in the landscape leads to constantly wet bark and conditions favorable for disease development which can potentially damage the tree.
- When reapplying mulch over an existing layer of mulch, bring the total depth up to 2 to 2.5 inches.
- Do not apply 2 inches of mulch with each application or soon a depth greater than 3 inches will accumulate. Some mulches break down at a much slower rate. Keep this in mind for future applications of mulch.
Southeast Spreading is the professional choice for Mulch Installation & Pine straw Installation. Our extensive experience and attention to detail, allow us to create amazing curb appeal, while taking the worry out of the installation process.
From Condos to Golf Courses, Roadways to Subdivisions, let us customize the solution tailored to fit your needs.
Fast Installation Rate
Clean Finished Product
Polite, Uniformed Crews
Please contact us today for a free consultation, and find out why…
“Our Reputation is Spreading”