Landscape Rubber mulch:
- Remains porous at all times (never mats) allowing nearly 100% of all rain water direct to the soil.
- Soil temperatures remain only 2 to 3 degrees above wood mulch covered soil temperature as rubber is an insulator.
- Weighs 675-700 lbs. per cubic yard. Resists sinking into the soil and does not generally require a geo textile fabric. Can be placed under stone driveways or parking areas to support the stone.
- Acts as a weed deterrent as its non porous nature does not hold water at the surface dehydrating blown weed seed. Will not stop rhizomial or bulb growth.
- Depending on the manufacturer is colorfast for 5 to 15 years.
- Costs 3 to 5 times cost of wood mulch and slightly more or less than decorative stone.
Playground Rubber mulch:
- Requires less material than wood mulch to achieve the same fall height rating.
- Typically high traffic playgrounds will lose 25% of the material every 5 years.
- Never compacts but does require periodic maintenance to insure even coverage in fall zones.
- Larger particle sizes meet or exceed ADA Wheelchair standards.
- Works best with a border to control migration of the material.